Friday, August 24, 2007

Cooking

I love how cooking. I love the food network, I love making new recipes and getting my hands covered in deliciousness. I also love how making certain recipes and eating certain foods can remind you of people and places, and how great it is to share food with one another.

For instance tonight I made a caesar salad and homemade crepes for dessert.

•The recipe for the salad is Ginger's infamous salad dressing...though mine never tastes as good as hers. I think I need a salad spinner.

•I wrote the crepe recipe down in the recipe book Donna, my old wonderful roommate and adopted sister gave to me for my birthday.

•I shared the meal with my mom who loves when I'm home because I do things like grocery shopping and cleaning the fridge.

•The crepes reminded me of this amazing banana, nutella, and whipped cream crepes Adam and I had in London while on an adventure to scope out Wimbledon.

•Then I made a crepe especially for my friend Megan who is leaving for college tomorrow since I wanted to get her a gift but no one needs another thing they just need to find a place for.

Food is good.

4 comments:

Greg said...

Haley....your stories make me smile.

Danielle said...

did you use your potholders?

My name's Haley said...

I'd rather not think about the potholders.

Anonymous said...

mmm crepes, very jealous.