Sunday, October 07, 2007

Getting settled

Last night was my first in the new apartment. Moving in wasn't too bad, but I have a long list of things I forgot at home. I celebrated the evening by heading to Philly with Joel, Claire, and new friend Brian and enjoyed a concert in a TINY couple hundred year old church with super uncomfortable pews and 46 other people squashed in with no air conditioning. It was pretty much the coolest venue ever air conditioning aside. We saw Marla Hansen and Denison Witmer. They are best friends with Sufjan, Marla is a classically trained viola player with the voice of an angel. Denison is a philly native with "guy with guitar" songs.

Here's Joel's photo of the day.


I ended the evening at Ben's house with new roomie Kenj for a going away party for Dave who's going to California to work with invisible children. It was a glorious start.

No comments: