Sunday, January 11, 2009

January

I had a really great conversation with my friend Sarah this morning thinking about my upcoming trip to Peru and the new year in general. She informed me that January is named for the greek god Janus who has two heads and therefor has the ability to look both forwards and back. The word janitor is also derived from the name Janus.

I like both of those ideas when thinking about what I want to accomplish in January. I want to look back and take inventory of the past and look forward to see what I want from the future. I also want to clean house and get rid of the things and thoughts that are cluttering my life. I want to take stock of relationships and work things and think hard about how I can best invest in them and love people better.

I love January, I'm looking forward to all that 2009 has to offer.

No comments: