Monday, November 16, 2009

Northwest

No photos.
The week away was super inspiring.

Potland was awesome. Friendly people, great vintage and handmade things, and the best food I've ever had at Mother's Bistro.

Seattle was pretty, but hard to navigate and very little vintage. It felt like a city of young professionals in REI jackets. It wasn't really my favorite. But we made some nice friends at the Field House pop up shop. And they also had some of the best chocolate I've had in a while.

Vancouver was nice. It was beautiful driving over the Canadian border. The city is super walkable, and the highlight there was most certainly Macleod's books. Stacks and stacks of books organized by genre. I wanted to get a big wingback chair and spend all my days reading through all of the antique texts.

The trip was rainy and gloomy, but still magical. Especially driving from city to city on a treasure hunt.

No comments: