Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Neti Pot

I woke up yesterday with a sore throat. I had to run to a previously scheduled doctors appointment and go and stock up on vitamins in the morning which was lame because all I wanted to do was make soup and go to sleep. Luckily I got my wish later in the afternoon.

**disclaimer this is kind of gross**
I also have friends who swear by the neti pot to cure their colds and allergies. It's a little pot that you fill with salt water and stick in your nose to let the salt water clear your sinuses. I decided to see if I could make my own and found directions here. I think it worked. It burned a little but I feel so much better today, and no sore throat from my runny nose.

AMAZING!

3 comments:

lana bear said...

hah! When I was in Boston- Danny had one, and everyone was using it..it did look gross..I didn't try it, but maybe I will next time I am sick!

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better.

mcclure adoption said...

haha. i just got one of those in March and immediately felt like i was 80 and desperate for my social security check. it DID help though, and gave me conversation fodder for my next chat with grandpops.
glad you feel better. :)

just heard you're going to AL in May. I wish Ash and I had timed it better~we'll be there the week before you guys.

My name's Haley said...

I totally know what you mean Amy, except I kind of felt like some weird old hippy lady trying eastern medicine to clear her head.

I'm SOOO EXCITED ABOUT ALABAMA! I wish you guys could be there.