Wednesday, April 15, 2009

On Fear

I write a lot on here about my fears as they relate to creativity, mostly to just get out the insecurity and to expose some of the things that scare me to my friends. I think I'm becoming a lot freer with my creativity, and just trying things. Cutting stuff up and stitching things together and not being afraid if it looks really dumb. Just the act of creating and experimenting. Creating outside of work is a struggle, but I'm beginning to see that even little tiny projects and bursts of create energy help to foster a lifestyle of creative thinking. You get to make and compile and fill your tool box with different techniques and ideas that you'll be able to use over and over again. It's lovely.

All that to say that me and a couple amazingly talented friends started a little tiny blog. We want to document our creative endeavors and share our trials with people everywhere. We each share once a week a project that we did. The projects are usually super simple and inexpensive and things that anyone can do. We hope to inspire and empower you to get over your fears and make stuff too.

You can follow along with us and our little experiments at:
Bows and Arrows

1 comment:

Abbey said...

very cool.