Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Life of a Personal Chef

The Scout had a fun article on being a personal chef that I really enjoyed.

I looooove cooking, which is funny because when I was little I was the pickiest eater in the whole world. I subsisted on a diet of all thing beige. I used to only order hamburgers when we went out to eat and hated all vegetables. I think making food on my own has made me enjoy it more. It's now a creative endeavor and more of an adventure.

I've become a pretty decent cook by absorbing cooking shows, reading blogs and cookbooks. Alice Waters The Art of Simple Food: Notes, Lessons, and Recipes from a Delicious Revolution has made me want to master the basics though. I've been roasting chickens(Ina has my favorite roast chicken recipe)and making vinaigrette's and aioli's. Alice's passion for all things fresh, local, and easy is super inspiring. Maybe one day I'll be personal chef material.

Alice in action in her early years in Berkeley

I really recommend it if you haven't read it already.

No comments: